I am by NO means a natural born runner. When I first began working towards losing weight in the fall of 2007, I chose running because it seemed to be a pretty effective way to burn calories. Little did I know that it would take over my life (in a good way!). It’s taken me a while to get to where I am, but I’m proud of what I’ve been able to do so far and I’m curious to see what else I can push myself to do in the future!
- November 2007: Began Couch to 5K Program (modified to build up even SLOWER than the program calls for because I’m unable to run more than 1/4 mile straight)
- March 2008: Completed Couch to 5k Program
- April 5, 2008: Completed Go! St. Louis 5k (my first race!) in 31:59… officially realize I LOVE running and racing!
- May 2008: Continued building mileage with goal of Fall 10K in mind…
- August 2008: Completed Flat Five Race (5 miles) in 50:03 (almost beating the hubbie… he was NOT happy… hubbie officially decides to never race me further than 5k ever again for fear of injuring his PRIDE!)
- November 8, 2008: Completed Race to Cure Lymphoma 10k in 1:01:35
- November 27, 2008: Completed Chesterfield Turkey Trot 5k with hubbie and parents in 28:32 (hubbie only beats me by 20 seconds which officially gives me GREAT motivation to train all winter!)
- December 2008: Signed up for first Half Marathon in April 2009!
- February 2009: Signed up for first Marathon in October 2009!